Rants and Raves

Opinion, commentary, reviews of books, movies, cultural trends, and raising kids in this day and age.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This just in....

I just received this comment on an old post of mine from October 28, 2006, "Iraq is not Vietnam."

Here: http://rantsand.blogspot.com/2006/10/iraq-is-not-vietnam.html#comments

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Deepak said…

I'm sure those thousands of dead Iraqis have you to thank, genius. You know that Saddam had no ties to bin Laden, right? It's pretty obvious that you're a half-fascist, not a libertarian. Stop calling yourself that, you McCarthyite pig!

Always nice to hear from a fan.

The answer I posted:

Deepak,

It's difficult to understand what you're referring to, since your post is so brief and consists entirely of name calling, i.e. "half-fascist" and "pig."

And since you use a nom-du-blog, have provided no links to a website, and have no public profile available, I must refrain from speculating and limit myself to only those conclusions justified by the evidence you provide.

1) You can't argue, you can only call names.

2) You're a coward who hides behind the anonymity of the Internet.

As to your demand I stop calling myself a libertarian, make me.



Waiting to hear from you Deepak, but not anonymously, nor holding my breath.

In the meantime, you might brush up on some more of my old columns:

http://rantsand.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-martial-arts-study-pekiti-tirsia.html

http://rantsand.blogspot.com/2008/10/martial-arts-research-combatives-part-1.html

http://rantsand.blogspot.com/2008/10/martial-arts-research-combatives-part-2.html

http://rantsand.blogspot.com/2008/11/martial-arts-research-part-3-combatives.html

And after you're through wetting yourself...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Libertarian_Libertine said…

    I like you and I usually agree with you, but I fail to see what your martial arts background has to do with the post. I guess you are implying that you would physically fight him if you could find him, which really only makes you look like immature and insecure. It is also somewhat ironic that you accuse him of cowardice because he has no further information about himself, but what if this individual just so happened to be a pro MMA fighter or was a fellow martial artist with an equally impressive martial arts resume and in peak physical condition; would you still play internet tough guy?

    I just think it is a shame because you are better than that. You are smart enough to handle yourself intellectually and you are above responding to some unknown jackass with ultimately empty bravado. Like it or not, the internet is a mostly anonymous place and it allows people be as blunt and uncouth as possible for better and for worse.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    Let me ask a question for libertarians.

    Is dueling a victimless crime?

    Long ago I scared a fellow-libertarian out of his libertarianism with that one.

    The bravado is not empty, for reasons you can't be expected to know and I won't elaborate on.

    And, there is zero chance Deepak is as formidable as you imagine he might be. If you've known truly tough individuals, you'd know his missive didn't have that ring to it.

    I'd discuss this in private over a beer, I'm not going to start a thread on a public forum on this one, for good and sufficient reasons.

    Save for this, do you expect to remain free if you do not make plain that there are insults you will not take, points beyond which you will not be pushed?

    You may have noticed we haven't heard from fearless-freedom-fighter Deepak?

    And fear not, I'm going to delete this post after I figure it's been on long enough for Our Anonymous Hero to see.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home