Rants and Raves

Opinion, commentary, reviews of books, movies, cultural trends, and raising kids in this day and age.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Future posts and plans

Hi everybody.

I'm off for Washington, D.C. where we Okies ship the front ends of horses for final assembly. What I'll be doing there is a journalism internship for a few months, and I don't know how much time I'll have for blogging.

This is important for my career, and I'm very grateful that this foundation has accepted a very non-traditional student in a mid-life career change. (That's mid-life if you accept that there are 112-year-old people.)

Furthermore, there are non-disclosure agreements and I have to find out more about what is permissible to write about. However, I've got plenty of themes on my mind to develop and look forward to writing them up and seeing what feedback I get.

This is going to be hard on my family, but my wife is behind me 100%. I could do nothing without her help and support.

Wish me luck.

If certain exes should care to, I have to say, "Thanks. I never could have done it with you."

The courage of your friends gives you strength.
Arab proverb

5 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger History Snark said…

    Best of luck. Hopefully you can keep it up.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Jabo said…

    Hey, that's awesome. The world needs more (or just some) rational, sane, intelligent journalists. It's a real problem since way too many journalists take the Jayson Blair model as a decent one for getting ahead in the field.

    Hope you continue to write. Enjoy.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger TheWayfarer said…

    Wishing you all the best.
    I remember a salt-and-pepper team of Jehovah's Witnesses knocking at my door several years ago, who asked me "If you could ask the Lord any question, what would it be?" Since they woke me up out of a dead sleep to do it on a weekend, I replied "Why there seem to be more horses asses in the world than horses! Have a great day." And shut the door.
    Your opening line offered new insight.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Jabo said…

    Hey, excellent that you're doing this. (Tried writing before, seems it didn't post.) The country, the world truly needs sane, rational, intelligent and honest (!) journalists who don't follow the Jayson Blair model. Best of luck, hope you continue to write.

    (And, btw, your style and type of content could shape a very good magazine...if you could just figure out the financial model in a nearly-comatose industry.)

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    Jabo,

    I had to switch on the monitor posts function 'cause I was getting spammed. So comments don't get posted until I can get to a computer.

    My room mate just set his up here, so I'll be able to get to the blog more often once things have shaken down. I'll be inquiring about blog policies where I'll be, but there's lots to see and do around D.C. natch.

    I found an Irish pub with live music, and a WIng Chun class down in Chinatown so I can do a little structure review - and some of them are interested in Kali.

    Regards all

     

Post a Comment

<< Home