Rants and Raves

Opinion, commentary, reviews of books, movies, cultural trends, and raising kids in this day and age.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another Ah-ha! moment

In my review of Thomas Sowell's book, "A Conflict of Visions" I described reading it as one of the great Ah-ha! moments in my life.

(See: http://rantsand.blogspot.com/2007/04/review-conflict-of-visions-by-thomas.html )

A commenter in Peru agreed, "I have read in 1996 the Spanish translation of the 1987 edition. It was also an Ah-ha moment for me."


Well I caught Rush Limbaugh on my pickup radio the other day talking about his blacklisting while trying to buy a football team.

Rush said, "If the NFL can be politicized, what makes you think a liver transplant can't be?"

Ah-ha!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger HelenW said…

    Wonderful to see this topic magically appear.

    I've been developing my thoughts on a provocative sculpture, which led me to Dr. Sowell's book, then Amazon and B&N, then WikiP, and finally to your review. It was very useful to me.

    I am developing a theory that art is fun/useful/essential because it allows us to see things that cannot be seen--divinity for example.

    The object of my attention is Manship's 'Diana and a Hound.' Perhaps his intent was merely to create a marketable erotic lawn ornament. I'd rather believe that he was giving us a vision of humanity's hybrid of animal and godly nature. Maybe Sowell was thinking along those same lines with his theory of visions.

    Best wishes on your blog transition. I'll see you on the other side.

    HMW

     

Post a Comment

<< Home