Rants and Raves

Opinion, commentary, reviews of books, movies, cultural trends, and raising kids in this day and age.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Sex in the City" PS

Post Script to my review below. A piece of synchronicity.

As we were watching the movie on DVD late at night, I was sitting to my wife's left on the couch. Our two-year-old daughter was sitting to her right, because the little %^&* wouldn't go to sleep so we let her sit up with us.

At one point in the flick, I can't recall which - but it made a point about couples having to keep their passion alive through all the day-to-day stuff.

So I siddled up close to my lady and kissed her passionately.

If I were still a smoker, that's when I'd have leaned back and lit up.

So I looked over, and there on the other side of her was a blond, curly-headed angel with her face turned up, eyes closed, lips puckered up, waiting to be kissed.

So of course, I had to lean across my wife and kiss her too.

Then I started to laugh. Doesn't that say it all about what happens to love among the grown-ups?

Some of you know exactly what I mean.

As for the rest of you, be patient. With any luck, you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home