Rants and Raves

Opinion, commentary, reviews of books, movies, cultural trends, and raising kids in this day and age.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

They're in big trouble now

* Got one more paper to finish. Then I get to plan for all the little stuff, like feeding my family in between degrees.

The kids' passports didn't arrive in time, so we had to delay their departure date. Mother-in-law said that's OK, the weather in Warsaw was filthy. So they'll be going next Thursday. We had to pay penalties of course, at a price so low I merely screamed.

What I'm going to do when they're gone is to get my tent and an ice chest full of steaks and beer, find me a mountain and sit on it admiring the view for a while.

* I saw here http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1442# that Hamas TV has co-opted Micky Mouse to teach their kids to want to kill all the Jews and Americans.

Hooo-boy they in trouble now! It's one thing to screw around with the US military, but now they've infringed a Disney Corporation copyright. This time they've gone too far.

* And in case you're interested, the paper I'm finishing is an essay/argument that the proper beginning of the study of mass communication and propaganda, should be Classical Rhetoric.

* And speaking of classical ideals, the other thing I'm going to do is to get back into shape. I'm going to finish the voice-over and editing of my Indian Club exercise video (Couch Potato Warrior Productions) and day after tomorrow I'm accepting delivery of a Russian kettlebell. I'll have more to say on that subject later.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home